Friday, July 19, 2013

Review: Abby Cooper: Psychic Eye

Abby Cooper: Psychic Eye


Should you read this book? 

Answer: Hands-down Yes!


Here's why:

This was Victoria Laurie's debut book as she transitioned her career from professional psychic intuitive to writer. Before reading this book I was skeptical of psychics, but if Victoria Laurie is half as good of psychic as her character Abby Cooper, then I definitely want a reading some day.

I would classify this book as a comedy / mystery. Laurie weaves a clever tale as Abby uses her intuitive skills to aid the police is solving the mystery of her murdered client. Abby Cooper is a very real and relate-able character despite her above average abilities. I found myself wanting to be a part of Abby's life. The story is told as an internal monologue interjected with Abby's humorous musings that had me on many occasions laughing out loud.

If you enjoy mystery and comedy than I highly recommend this book. Laurie makes this book an enjoyable read while also adding enough suspense to keep you hooked. She also throws in just enough romance to keep things spicy.

Next up on my reading list: Better Read Than Dead by Victoria Laurie

P.S. Please post your thoughts about this book in the comments below! I would love to know what you thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment